Job Enhanced Overhead is a NAV solution that relieves the pain of processing additional Overhead entries. Job Enhanced Overhead is designed to make automatic Job Ledger Entries for Overhead that’s pre-assigned to Items, Resources, or General Ledger Accounts. Overhead is defined as the general, fixed cost of running a business, which cannot be charged or attributed to a specific product or part of the work operation. Overhead is also explained as the part of manufacturing costs for which cost per unit produced is not readily assignable.
- Manually entered Costs in the Job Journal (ie. Labor, Materials, or GL Amounts)
- Purchase Order Cost that flow through the Job Journal to the Job Ledger Entries
- Purchase Invoice Costs that flow through the Job Journal to the Job Ledger Entries
- Time Journal Entries form the Payroll Add-on that flow through the Job Journal
- Estimating the Overhead per task or per Job during the estimate process
In the normal processing of expenses, you receive payable invoices for expenses that are not job-specific costs (which means they are processed without job numbers). Now you want to post some additional costs to jobs that simulates the overhead cost based on some formulas. Typical examples of overhead formulas are a percentage of the other actual labor and material costs.
As you post “Actual Cost” in or through the Job Journal, Purchase Order, Purchase Invoice and Time Journal, the Job Enhanced Overhead solution will add an additional overhead cost entry based on the pre-defined and desired additional Percentage or Fixed Amount in the setup of the Overhead Rate Tables.
More Information on Job Enhanced Overhead: