Today, Microsoft is announcing the upcoming release of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 scheduled for Q4 of CY2010.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 is a major and significant release for Microsoft Dynamics NAV and will deliver on our software-plus-services vision and include integration to Microsoft Dynamics CRM and online payment service – both originally planned for Microsoft Dynamics NAV “7”. Because of the immense investment in new architecture for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009, we are able to provide even more benefits for you and your customers by bringing a new feature set to market quicker than scheduled.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 in Brief
The features in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 include:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Integration. Integration to Microsoft Dynamics CRM on-premise as well as Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online. The integration will support Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 and upcoming Microsoft Dynamics CRM 5.0.
- Online Payment Service for Microsoft Dynamics NAV. This enables customers to process payment transactions from the Microsoft Dynamics NAV interface across multiple channels, including e-commerce, point of sale and call center transactions. The Payment Service works with leading payment processing services and all major credit cards. Payment services are subject to local availability.
- RoleTailored Client Access for Remote and Roaming Users. Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 supports direct access from the Microsoft Dynamics NAV RoleTailored client over the Internet. This allows for remote or roaming users to take advantage of the richness of the RoleTailored interface and the many integration features connected to local resources, such as the operating system and Microsoft Office. This reduces the complexity and overhead compared with using other applications such as Citrix Systems and Terminal Services, enhancing the quality of experience, especially for hosting partners offering cloud-based Microsoft Dynamics NAV deployments.
- Microsoft Application Virtualization support. The Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 RoleTailored interface can be deployed using Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) technology. This provides a better experience for the end user as all integration with local applications is done on the desktop. It also cuts IT costs by centrally managing Microsoft Dynamics NAV client installations with automatic deployment to the desktop after an update.
- Windows 7 User Experience Improvements. Through Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2, jump lists can be used to open recently accessed customers and vendors for increased business productivity and efficiency, and the icon overlay functionality provides information on system events and status streamlined with the Windows 7 user experience.
- Treemap visualization. Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 showcases the possibilities around business data visualizations abilities in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 or later versions through rich ad hoc data visualization. It provides treemap analysis that enables the comparison of any two values, for example sales and profits, as well as manufacturing visualization, which increases business productivity and business insight.