Manufacturing Time Entry is a NAV Manufacturing solution for real-time, time collection. Manufacturing Time Entry utilizes the web services feature of Microsoft Dynamics NAV, providing access to the core database without using an expensive full user. The video below provides an overview of Manufacturing Time Entry. We recommend viewing this video in full screen mode:
Manufacturing Time Entry provides a special entry screen for employees to enter their Production Time per Operation. This solution is designed to keep the process as simple as possible for the ‘timekeeper’, while the system manager maintains edit controls. Manufacturing Time Entry supports full Bar Code Scanning of Badge, Production Order, Line Number, and Operation Numbers. All results flow to an “Approval Worksheet” in Dynamics NAV for final approval.
- Data is always current and accurate (real-time)
- Easy Installation and Setup
- Efficient and accurate time allocations to Production Order / Item / Operation
- Option to post Quantity Produced and Scrap Quantity
- Written in and developed for NAV Manufacturing
- NAV does not have to be installed on the local PC (benefits of Web Service Option only)
- Written and developed entirely in Visual Studio (benefit of Web Service Option only)
- Internet-based (benefit of Web Service Option only)
- Works best when incorporated with Manufacturing Plus.
After the user enters their name on the time entry form, the system will automatically display the Production Order and Operation they are currently ‘Clocked-in’ to. Users have the ability to ‘Clock-in’ to a different Operation, view Completed Entries, Clear the Screen or ‘Clock-out’ of the Chain Assembly Operation by “Clockin-in” to another Production Order / Operation.
Once the time is entered by the user, all punches (time entries) are stored in an “approval table” for review, pending approval by the system’s manager. Upon approval, the time entries will move to the Output Journal for posting.
More Information on Manufacturing Time Entry: